I’m ba-ack… from Vermont and the wedding, which was lovely and wonderful, but more on that later! Now that things have calmed down a bit though, I can finally get back to blogging, which feels good! I have so much I want to share about the wedding, but am waiting on photos, so in the meantime, let’s talk about what survived in my garden while I was gone. Carrots!
My carrots were looking pretty good before I left and I was happy to find that they all kept well underground while I was away. I canned 6 pints of spicy pickled carrots, with the biggest carrots I harvested, but there were still so many smaller carrots that I didn’t want to go to waste. What was I to do with all those baby carrots? Carrot Cake? Carrot muffins? Sure, those can be great, but I just love the look (and taste) of roasted baby carrots and the thought of it felt healthy and seasonal all at the same time. But how could I make them better than just roasted carrots? Add maple syrup of course!
- 2 lbs. of baby carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil and maple syrup with salt and pepper.
- Toss carrots in maple mixture until evenly coated.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, flipping the carrots halfway through. Carrots should be lightly browned on both sides. Serve warm.
One thought on “Maple Glazed Carrots”