Even though this blog can feel like a chore at times (I admit it), I’m always glad I took the time to document the important stuff. I’m especially thankful at the end of a year and the beginning of a new one, because it feels good to look back at previous year’s goals and review.
In 2015, I didn’t totally stick to the list, which is fine, goals can morph and change, but I still feel like I accomplished a lot. Here’s how I did in 2015.
2015 Gardening Goals-
- Grow my usual crops and preserve some of it– Check.
- 5 1/2 pints of tomato basil jam (canned)
- 6 1/2 pints of jalapeño jelly (canned)
- 5 pints of dilly beans (canned)
- 6 pints of spicy carrots (canned)
- 3 1/2 pints of grape jelly (canned) and 1 pint of raisins (dried) with grapes from my co-worker’s garden.
- 3 1/2 pints of pesto (froze)
- 1 garlic braid
- Build a Hops trellis– Okay, this was Matt’s goal, but he did it and it’s awesome!
- Take the Master Preserver’s Class– Nope.
It’s just such a huge expense. I’m not even sure how much I’ll really learn and I have so many other things I want to do, that I think it’s time to take this one off the list.
Things we did that weren’t on the list-
2015 Cooking Goals-
- Take classes at the Pantry– Nope. I’m still on their mailing list and peruse the classes, so if the right class comes along and I have time, this could still happen in 2016.
- Get better at food photography– I tried, but I am still kind of lazy when it comes to this. It’s something I will continue to work on.
There weren’t really any significant achievements in the kitchen for me in 2015. Matt took on most of the cooking duties in the second half of 2015, due to my work schedule. That was fine by me, because he’s a great cook! He also got really into fermenting in 2015, which I am super excited about because I love kimchi.
2015 Crafting Goals-
- Continue going to knitting night– I got a little distracted from this goal by my ukulele lessons, but towards the end of the year, I started missing it, so I have been making a point to go lately.
- Knit another sweater or two– I am so close to being done with my Owl Sweater by Kate Davies. I have two rows of the owls left, then the neck shaping and the neckband to do and then I am done! I am actually super obsessed with this sweater right now. It’s kind of all I want to be doing. I also cast on the Hetty by Andi Satterlund and have started the back. I’ll get back to that as soon as I finish the owl sweater. With the lace pattern, I have a feeling that sweater will be a way quicker knit.
- Whittle away at my fabric stash– I did alright with this. Most of the fabric I sewed with this year was from my stash with the exception of the denim I bought for my Ginger Jeans and the fabric for my Carolyn pajamas.
Completed Knitting Projects-
Completed Sewing Projects-
Completed but unblogged (posts coming soon)-
Other noteworthy events-
OVERALL BLOG GOALS
- Interviews– I kind of blew it on this one. I had some momentum going and then never followed through. I am at a point where I have to be realistic about what I can and cannot achieve, so this will probably be taking a back burner this year as well.
- Videos– I finally posted a 2 part video tutorial on how to make a potholder with binding. Honestly, they were kind of bad, so I’m glad no one really saw them. It did get me to create a Youtube channel and was really good practice. I’m glad I just put them out there and I still believe I will only get better.
2015 was another year with some change (the big one being my new job), but it was good change, so I feel like I ended the year on a really positive note. Next up, my 2016 goals. Let the tradition continue! 🙂